Zelienople man faces sexual assault, forcible compulsion charges
A man is being charged with sexual assault after police say he assaulted a woman for over three decades.
Louis Tomei, 84, of Zelienople, was charged Thursday, Feb. 19, with felony sexual assault, two felony forcible compulsion charges and three misdemeanor indecent assault charges after a woman reported he had been sexually assaulting her for 33 years.
According to an affidavit of probable cause in the case, Zelienople police received a report on Jan. 13 that Tomei had been sexually assaulting the woman since 1993 at his residence.
Police said they conducted further investigation, including statements, interviews and a forensic interview with the woman.
According to the affidavit, police found Tomei used threats of violence and forbidding access to phones to force the woman to perform sexual acts on him. He also allegedly took photos of her performing those acts.
She told police the assaults occurred multiple times a week over the course of the 33 years and that Tomei would strike her in the head to give her a headache.
The woman told police that on Jan. 8, she and Tomei were driving when he told her he wanted to have sex with her. She said she attempted to flee but was held inside the vehicle.
She told police after the January incident, she left and had not returned to Tomei’s residence.
Tomei’s preliminary hearing is not yet scheduled.
