Vehicle owners can perform some spring-season vehicle checks on their own before taking their car to a mechanic.
- Check the cabin air filter, often located in a car’s glove compartment. Replace if necessary.
- Wash the exterior of a vehicle of all winter effects, such as embedded road salt.
- Check the air pressure of all tires on a vehicle.
- Keep track of the car battery for signs of wear. Normally a battery should be checked or replaced every three years.
- Check wiper blades to see if they need to be replaced.