Alleged drug chain member guilty
One member of an alleged Philadelphia-to-Butler drug network has pleaded guilty in federal court to conspiring to distribute fentanyl, heroin, cocaine and crack cocaine.
Ricardo Glenn, 28, formerly of Butler and Philadelphia, entered the guilty plea Monday before U.S. District Judge Robert Colville in Pittsburgh.
Glenn was one of nine people indicted by a federal grand jury June 9 on charges they trafficked narcotics between January 2017 and June of this year.
U.S. Attorney Scott Brady, in earlier announcing the 27-count indictment, claimed the suspected drug pipeline “brought fentanyl, heroin and cocaine into Butler communities, including near neighborhood playgrounds and schools.”
He noted that the FBI worked with state police and the Butler County Drug Task Force in the investigation.
Glenn is the first defendant to be convicted in the case, authorities said. He is to be sentenced Dec. 17.
The law provides for a maximum sentence of up to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $1 million. Under the federal sentencing guidelines, however, Glenn's actual sentence will be based upon the seriousness of the offense and his prior criminal history.
Glenn's attorney, Ryan Smith of Pittsburgh, did not immediately return a telephone call Tuesday.
The cases against the other eight defendants are still pending, said Margaret Philbin, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Pittsburgh.
Prosecutors said most of the defendants have had Butler and Philadelphia addresses. One defendant also previously lived in Lyndora and another lived in New Kensington, Westmoreland County.
