Site last updated: Monday, August 17, 2026

Log In

Reset Password
Butler County's great daily newspaper

Boy left on bus

A 3-year-old boy was left alone on a school bus for two and a half hours Thursday morning.

The boy’s mother, Alisha Chambers, said she took her son to the bus stop at the Butler City Farmer’s Market on Shore Street at around 9:10 a.m.

According to Chambers, 25, of Butler her son got on the bus around 9:15 a.m. to head to Head Start, a preschool at 805 W. New Castle St.

Chambers said he would have arrived at Head Start at 9:25 a.m. at the latest.

“He was just left on the bus and the bus driver didn’t check the bus when he got off,” Chambers said.

Chambers said she received a call from Head Start at 10:58 a.m. alerting her that her son was missing.

Karen Wolosik, the boy’s grandmother, said police were notified and Head Start employees searched for the boy around the area of the preschool.

Shriver Bus Company was notified and the boy was found on the bus at around noon.

“We could see he had been crying for a while,” Chambers said.

Chambers said they weren’t sure whether he was sleeping at the time he was left on the bus.

Chambers said she was told the bus driver was relieved of his duties of his duties. However, attempts to contact the bus company for this report were unsuccessful.

Steven Green of the Butler County Children's Center, which runs the Headstart program, said they are still gathering Chambers, immediately after the incident, said, “I’m just glad he’s OK. He’s hungry. He wants to get something to eat.”

More in Digital Media Exclusive

Subscribe to our Daily Newsletter

* indicates required
TODAY'S PHOTOS