Site last updated: Friday, May 22, 2026

Log In

Reset Password
MENU
Butler County's great daily newspaper

Over 1,000 tested at Pullman Park site

A county official has released data from more than 1,000 people who went to the temporary COVID-19 testing site that operated last week at Pullman Park.

County Commissioner Kevin Boozel released the data Wednesday afternoon in a Facebook post.

In an interview Wednesday, he said he wanted to post the raw data, which came from AMI, the contractor that performed the testing, for people to see and get an idea of how the testing went.

“I'm waiting for a full report, an analysis, which we do not have yet,” Boozel said. “My intent was strictly information. I just want people to look at it and not put a connotation or thought with it.”

The data showed 1,193 people were tested. Testing was allowed for both symptomatic and asymptomatic people.

The results showed a 20% positivity rate among those tested. Of those who tested positive, 19% were age 24 and younger; 33% were ages 25 to 49; 30% were ages 50 to 64; and 18% for ages 65 and above.

Boozel said he was surprised that about 52% of positive results came from people ages 50 and younger, but he also understands this is a limited sample size. He said people should focus on the data released by the state Department of Health, which gives a broader range of data.

The testing site operated over the course of five days.

“I don't want to put too much into this data either,” Boozel said. “This is one-time spot testing data.”

However, Boozel said the data aligns in many ways with the recent upward trend being reported by the Department of Health. He said too many people are ignoring this data, and as a result, Butler Health System has been flooded with COVID-19 cases.

“That's what I'm most worried about,” he said. “I want people to say that there's something to this, and I want to do my part.”

More in Local News

Subscribe to our Daily Newsletter

* indicates required
TODAY'S PHOTOS