Site last updated: Saturday, March 2, 2024

Log In

Reset Password
Butler County's great daily newspaper

CO detector causes evacuation of Cranberry Township house

The residents of a house on Franklin Road in Cranberry Township evacuated on Saturday after the carbon monoxide detector in their basement sounded.

Firefighters dispatched to the house just after 12:30 p.m. found not only carbon monoxide, but natural gas present in the basement at the residence, according to banter on the county 911 system.

Cranberry Township Volunteer Fire Department firefighters just after 1 p.m. requested 911 center personnel dispatch People’s Gas Company to the scene as well.

Firefighters cleared the scene at 1:50 p.m.

A People’s Gas technician was en route to the home at that time, according to dispatchers.

More in Breaking News

Subscribe to our Daily Newsletter

* indicates required