A body had to be moved from Young Funeral Home in West Sunbury after an overheated electric line caused a fire around 4 p.m. Sunday.
The fire melted a small area of siding at the funeral home and extinguished itself, according to Fire Capt. Reid Campbell. Because of the power outage caused by the incident, the body was moved from Young's to the Church of St. Louis, which has air conditioning. Funeral visitation with the family continued at the church, according to a funeral home official.
Three homes in the area also were without power and West Penn Power was on the scene.
The emergency call rerouted two West Sunbury Volunteer Fire Department trucks which were assisting at a house fire in Washington Township. Unionville Volunteer Fire Department replaced West Sunbury VFD at the North Washington fire.
One West Sunbury firefighter who came to the funeral home from the North Washington fire was checked for heat exhaustion by Butler Ambulance Service.
Route 308 was reopened after about an hour, Campbell said.