Marketplace   Menu Guide   Complete Pages      
butler eagle
Site last updated: Saturday, January 24, 2015 Bookmark our site!
Local PennsylvaniaNationalInternationalNews Extras  
Published: August 24, 2014 print this article Print save this article Save email this article Email ENLARGE TEXT increase font decrease font

Fire destroys Winfield Twp. restaurant



WINFIELD TWP — Fire ravaged a Marwood Road restaurant Sunday.
Janet Housekeeper, co-owner of the Star Grill, said this morning it's difficult to lose everything in the business to a fire.
“It is devastating,” Housekeeper said.
However, she is grateful no one was injured.
“That was a blessing,” Housekeeper said.
She said authorities believe the cause may have been electrical. The chief of the Winfield Township Volunteer Fire Company could not be reached for comment.
A damage estimate was unavailable. The owners are insured.
While the restaurant was closed Sunday, the tenants in the upstairs apartment were home. But they escaped.
“They got out,” Housekeeper said.
The tenants called 911 at 11:59 a.m. and also told Janet and her husband, Danny Housekeeper.
Firefighters rescued the tenants' cat from the apartment.
More than 30 fire departments assisted Winfield in battling the blaze.
Steve Bicehouse, director of Butler County emergency services, said numerous departments were needed due to a lack of fire hydrants in that area.
“Water was the big issue,” Bicehouse said.
The Housekeepers have owned the business for 18 years.





Back
Comments
Order Photos!
 
MORE NEWS HEADLINES
arrow Young chief embraces leader role, technology
arrow Registration begins for Jeep Heritage Festival
arrow Restaurant wants one to 'Savor' the flavor
arrow BC3 to offer Entrepreneurship Academy
 
MOST READ ARTICLES
arrow Man sentenced for crime he can’t recall
arrow 2 crashes on Rt. 228 keep emergency crews busy
arrow 1 hurt in 2-vehicle crash in Jackson Twp
arrow City may move desk officer out to patrol streets