Marketplace   Menu Guide   Complete Pages      
butler eagle
Site last updated: Friday, November 28, 2014 Bookmark our site!
Local PennsylvaniaNationalInternationalNews Extras  
Published: August 11, 2014 print this article Print save this article Save email this article Email ENLARGE TEXT increase font decrease font

Smoke in preschool causes evacuation



CRANBERRY TWP — A furnace motor malfunction this morning caused a minor amount of smoke to accumulate in The Goddard School, prompting an evacuation of the children.
There were no injuries reported at the preschool.
Tom Klingensmith of the Cranberry Township Volunteer Fire Company said at the scene that the motor malfunctioned shortly after 11 a.m. A breaker shut off when the incident occurred and there was never any fire.
“There was a little bit of smoke,” Klingensmith said. “But the breaker tripped and did what it was supposed to do. We checked it out and everything is OK.”
Dina Speranza, owner of the school, said the children were being taken to a church across the street from the school, which is off Rowan Road.
Speranza said other employees noticed a “bad smell” in the school and evacuated the students as a precaution. It wasn’t immediately clear when they would be allowed back in the school.
Each school is owned and operated on an individual basis, and is a franchise of Goddard Systems Inc.
Crews from Cranberry and Adams townships responded to the alarm.





Back
Comments
Order Photos!
 
MORE NEWS HEADLINES
arrow Police say boy, 11, set fire to mattress
arrow Felony charge withdrawn from crash case
arrow Washington's Trail 1753 gets assistance
arrow Celebrating traditions
 
MOST READ ARTICLES
arrow Route 68 accident requires medical helicopter
arrow Driver’s medical condition thought cause of accident
arrow Police officer remains on leave
arrow Felony charge withdrawn from crash case