Marketplace   Menu Guide   Complete Pages      
butler eagle
Site last updated: Monday, December 22, 2014 Bookmark our site!
Local PennsylvaniaNationalInternationalNews Extras  
Published: October 8, 2013 print this article Print save this article Save email this article Email ENLARGE TEXT increase font decrease font

Smoke causes evacuation of Westinghouse building



CRANBERRY TWP — More than 1,300 employees evacuated a building at Westinghouse Electric Co.’s headquarters Tuesday afternoon after a computer malfunction created smoke on the second floor.
Vaughn Gilbert, the director of communications for the company, said the incident affected only the second floor of Building One on the large campus, which has four buildings.
Those displaced employees only waited about 30 minutes before being let back inside about 2:30 p.m.
“There was only a minimal amount of smoke,” Gilbert said, adding that there wasn’t any damage. “But we decided to do the safe thing and get everyone out.”
Mark Nanna, the assistant administrator for the township’s fire company, said his crew did little at the business besides go in and check out the source of the smoke.
“And there wasn’t really much smoke,” he said.
Fire crews from Adams, Cranberry and Marshall townships responded to the call just before 2 p.m.





Back
Comments
Order Photos!
 
MORE NEWS HEADLINES
arrow Police need help in identifying dead woman
arrow Metcalfe again seeks impeachment of AG Kane
arrow HEADLINES
arrow Police departments on alert after killings
 
MOST READ ARTICLES
arrow Accident closes westbound Route 422
arrow Motorist in crash that killed officer dies
arrow Victim in fatal home fire identified
arrow Icy roads cause several traffic accidents