Marketplace   Menu Guide   Complete Pages      
butler eagle
Site last updated: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 Bookmark our site!
Local PennsylvaniaNationalInternationalNews Extras  
Published: October 3, 2013 print this article Print save this article Save email this article Email ENLARGE TEXT increase font decrease font

Farm equipment, hundreds of bales of hay destroyed in blaze



BUFFALO TWP — Several hundred bales of hay and farm equipment were destroyed late Thursday night when a large barn went up in flames.
Terry Macurdy, owner of the more than 120-year-old barn at 313 Monroe Road, believes lightning sparked the fire.
It apparently hit so close that a circuit breaker was tripped in the house, but electrical power was only lost for a second or two.
At 9 p.m., while sitting in his living room, Macurdy noticed flames coming from the two-story barn with a loft.
“The whole wall facing the house was on fire,” he said.
He managed to get into the back of the barn and remove two tractors before the fire took control of the entire structure.
“I lost a grain drill and corn picker,” he said, “and 400 bale of hay.”
He suspected the hay helped fuel the initial fire on the front side of the barn.





Back
Comments
Order Photos!
 
MORE NEWS HEADLINES
arrow 'Words can't describe it' Residents rally around family
arrow Students learn basics of coding
arrow STATE
arrow Bible gives 2 accounts in birth of Christ
 
MOST READ ARTICLES
arrow Ex-school worker charged with having sex with student
arrow Family rescues man pinned by fallen tree
arrow Police need help in identifying dead woman
arrow Firefighters quickly put out fire in city