Marketplace   Menu Guide   Complete Pages      
butler eagle
Site last updated: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 Bookmark our site!
Local PennsylvaniaNationalInternationalNews Extras  
Published: March 6, 2013 print this article Print save this article Save email this article Email ENLARGE TEXT increase font decrease font

Faulty electrical wiring causes early morning blaze in city



Faulty electrical wiring was blamed for a fire in Butler early this morning that roused the homeowner from sleep and forced him to flee the house.
No one was injured, authorities said, but the fire caused about $5,000 in damage to the two-story home in the 100 block of Madison Avenue.
Shawn Beatty, who owns the house, was awakened by smoke about 3:30 a.m.
“He saw flames coming from the ceiling fan above the bed,” said Butler Fire Chief Nick Ban. The fan, Ban noted, was not on when it caught fire.
Beatty scrambled out of bed and grabbed a fire extinguisher.
“He hit the fan with the drug chemical extinguisher and called 911,” Ban said. Beatty later got out of the home.
Butler police and firefighters got there and found fire smoldering in the bedroom ceiling
Firefighters opened up the ceiling to access the blaze, which was quickly snuffed out.
Beatty returned to his house after firefighters left about 4 a.m.





Back
Comments
Order Photos!
 
MORE NEWS HEADLINES
arrow Google VP to become new Carnegie Mellon dean
arrow HEADLINES
arrow Backing Boston
arrow Crash kills woman
 
MOST READ ARTICLES
arrow Bicyclist hurt when he is hit by a deer
arrow Teen breaks leg at McConnells Mill
arrow POLICE REPORTS
arrow County to discuss “In God We Trust” motto