Marketplace   Menu Guide   Complete Pages      
butler eagle
Site last updated: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 Bookmark our site!
Local PennsylvaniaNationalInternationalNews Extras  
Published: January 31, 2013 print this article Print save this article Save email this article Email ENLARGE TEXT increase font decrease font

Mail carrier saves dog from blaze as mobile home is destroyed



EVANS CITY — A mail carrier this morning pulled a dog from a burning mobile home and resuscitated it before the home became completely engulfed in flames.
The home at 148 Pioneer Road caught fire shortly after 10 a.m.
The Pearce family, comprised of a husband, wife and two children, were not home at the time of the fire. One son, aged 10, was at school while a daughter, 3, was at a doctor’s appointment.
U.S. Postal Service employee Jo Amerson said she noticed smoke coming from the mobile home when she approached it to deliver mail.
Amerson said she and a neighbor broke several windows and eventually broke down a back door to the residence. That’s when she pulled the dog, a German Shepherd, from the home and revived it using CPR.
Robert Pearce stood outside and watched the trailer burn to the ground.
“The family is good,” he said. “Everything else can be replaced.”





Back
Comments
Order Photos!
 
MORE NEWS HEADLINES
arrow Web promos for Thursday
arrow Road repairs
arrow Plea sends Saxonburg man to prison
arrow MarkWest plans 2 more natural gas processing stations
 
MOST READ ARTICLES
arrow 2 men hurt in construction accident
arrow Man, teen injured in 2-vehicle crash on Rt. 8
arrow Man sentenced in case of burned boy
arrow Lockdown lifted at Grove City College