If the print dialog box does not automatically appear, open the file menu and choose Print.


Article published October 22, 2012

Fire damages house in Summit Twp



SUMMIT TWP — Firefighters from the Herman Volunteer Fire Company quickly doused a blaze at a house at 332 Geibel Road about 9 p.m. Monday.
According to Herman Fire Chief Rob McLafferty, damage from the fire was contained to one bedroom of the one-story house, though “heavy smoke damage” affected the rest of the house.
One of the house’s residents was inside when the fire broke out, and was assisted by firefighters out of the house and treated for apparent smoke inhalation at the scene.
McLafferty said the homeowners are insured and are staying with family.
He said, “It appears to us like it was an electrical issue (that caused the fire).”



Back