A fire on Thursday morning destroyed an older mobile home in Caravan Court, a mobile home park off Route 8 in Center Township.
Joe Lane, the owner and sole occupant of the home, got a call from Caravan Court owner Larry Soose while on his way to work that his mobile home was on fire.
Lane said he has lived at Caravan Court for about 20 years.
He said no space heaters were in use or any heat sources other than the furnace.
Lane had no idea how the blaze started.
Mike Pflugh, chief of the Unionville Volunteer Fire Department, said the state police fire marshall will investigate the blaze.
He said the trailer and all its contents were a total loss.
Pflugh estimated damages at no more than $30,000.
Lane said he has insurance on the home.
Pflugh dispatched the Red Cross to help Lane with essential needs.
This is a breaking news report — read more in Friday's Butler Eagle.