On Saturday, June 27, just after noon, I was locking up my shed when I was stung by a yellow jacket.
I had a bad reaction to the sting. After about three minutes, I became very dizzy and I just got inside my front door and collapsed onto the floor.
I was very fortunate that my wife, Kathy, saw it all happen. When she asked me what was going on, I told her I was stung by a bee and I was very dizzy and I had a hard time breathing.
She immediately called 911 and the Butler EMTs were on their way. My wife said they got to our home in about 20 minutes. I was in and out of consciousness, so I never knew what was going on.
I wanted to point out that the EMT team that came to my rescue was truly good at their craft. One was a young lady, who I didn’t get her name.
The one who nursed me back was Richard. I was in good hands with him. I owe him and his counterpart so much, as he stated my vital signs were very low.
I also want to thank all of those at Butler Memorial Hospital who helped to get my vital signs back up and running. Thanks to all, including Officer Jack Ripper for being present as well.