Butler County's great daily newspaper

Dog dies in Cranberry townhouse fire Sunday

September 2, 2018 News Extra

Advertisement | Advertise Here

A family dog died in a Sunday morning fire that engulfed a home in Cranberry. There were no other injuries in the fire.

“Smoke came pouring out of the chimney with flames shooting out,” said Sheila Hewett, a nearby neighbor to the burned home on 200 Clearbrook Road.

Cranberry VFC Assistant Chief Larry Clutter recalled getting the call around 8:17 a.m. for a duplex fire.

“That's when I said ‘Oh, boy,’” Clutter said. Within 15 minutes, the fire was out once  responders found an acceptable water line a few houses down from the burning house.

“We had a lot of crews here,” Clutter said. “And they knocked the fire down with no problem.

He lamented the loss of the dog.

“I hate losing anything,” he said. “Human or animal.”

Share this article: