Marketplace   Menu Guide   Complete Pages      
butler eagle
Site last updated: Friday, February 27, 2015 Bookmark our site!
Local PennsylvaniaNationalInternationalNews Extras  
Published: August 3, 2014 print this article Print save this article Save email this article Email ENLARGE TEXT increase font decrease font

Brew pub has minor damage from fire



SLIPPERY ROCK TWP — A buildup of lint in a clothes dryer vent is blamed for a minor fire early Sunday morning at the North Country Brewing Co. on South Main Street.
The damage was confined to the dryer, said Chief Dave Taggart of the Slippery Rock Volunteer Fire Company.
Two cleaners were in the building about 6:30 a.m. when one of them called 911 to report smoke coming from the second floor. The business was closed at the time.
By the time firefighters from Slippery and Harrisville arrived, the smoke was throughout the building but the fire was quickly extinguished. No one was injured.
“The fire started in a dryer for linens,” Taggart said. “It appears that a lint buildup in the vent caught the inside of the dryer on fire.”
Damage and cleanup costs were estimated at $1,000. Firefighters remained there for about two hours.
The fire had no affect on the business, which remains open for business as usual, authorities said. Owner Bob McCafferty could not be reached for comment.





Back
Comments
Order Photos!
 
MORE NEWS HEADLINES
arrow Fire on Friday destroys mobile home
arrow Mars science fair
arrow Council criticizes parents
arrow GOP set to pass Homeland Security funding
 
MOST READ ARTICLES
arrow Deputies wrestle man to floor in courtroom
arrow 3 injured in 2 vehicle crash on Route 8
arrow Derailed train shuts down railroad line
arrow POLICE REPORTS