Butler County's great daily newspaper

Dogs revived after fire

Ambulance crew treats 2 canines

August 13, 2018 News Extra

Advertisement | Advertise Here
Butler Emergency service EMT, Michelle Mellish, and paramedic, Michelle Graham, were on the scene of the fire to treat the two dogs, Lola and Pops after a small kitchen fire broke out while no one as home.

Two dogs had to be revived after a small fire started in the kitchen of a trailer home in Clay Township.

Emergency services responded to the fire at 6:21 p.m. Monday to a rented trailer at 134 Webb Road. No one was home at the time, officials said.

“There was a small fire in the kitchen when we got on scene,” said Matt Wilson, West Sunbury fire chief. Wilson said the fire probably started with the microwave.

Nathan Wulff, Unionville fire chief, said the fire was located at an outlet in the upper cabinet of the kitchen.

The home was filled with smoke when Wulff, along with his lieutenant, Zach Clark, entered the building and found two dogs unconscious. The firefighters carried the dogs to an ambulance for treatment.

“One dog was in a cage in really close proximity to the fire. The other dog was in a bedroom,” Wulff said. “I give a lot of credit to the EMS. (The dogs) were down and out and they brought them back.”

Read the full story in Tuesday's Butler Eagle.

Share this article: