The smell of natural gas caused three businesses at Cranberry Mall to be evacuated Saturday morning.
Cranberry Fire Department Assistant Chief Larry Clutter said the department was dispatched for the smell of natural gas at Jo-Ann Fabrics shortly after 10 a.m. When they arrived there was a strong odor inside the business.
This led to the evacuation of Jo-Ann Fabrics as well as two other businesses including The Body Bar and Emiliano’s restaurant.
About 30 to 40 people were evacuated from the businesses, including customers and staff. Crews from Columbia and Peoples Natural Gas responded to the scene and are determining the cause of the odor.
Cranberry Township Fire Department was assisted by the Adams Township Fire Department and Marshall Township Fire Department.