Butler County's great daily newspaper

Police investigating suspected OD in Butler

September 18, 2017 Digital Media Exclusive

Advertisement | Advertise Here

A 35-year-old man died Friday of an apparent drug overdose at his home in Butler.

Authorities said they found Shawn Amman's body on the floor of the bathroom at his apartment on West Jefferson Street.

Ammann's girlfriend told investigators that she went to his apartment building across from Peter's Chocolate Shoppe about 10 p.m. but got no response at his door. She reportedly broke a window to get inside.

She notified authorities after finding him unresponsive. Butler County Deputy Coroner Larry Barr later pronounced Ammann dead.

Officers found two empty stamp bags of suspected heroin and a syringe.

A full report will appear in the Butler Eagle.

Share this article: