BUFFALO TWP — A 43-year-old man died Saturday of an apparent overdose at his home on Sarver Road, authorities said.
Buffalo Township police are investigating but a report, including the man’s name, was not available. An officer on duty declined to comment Saturday afternoon.
The man’s wife found him unresponsive in the bedroom and notified authorities. Butler County Chief Deputy Coroner John Hanovick pronounced him dead at 11:58 a.m.
Police reportedly recovered a syringe and at least one empty stamp bag of suspected heroin at the scene.
An autopsy was planned Sunday. Hanovick said the cause of death, however, could not be determined until toxicology reports are completed, which could take several weeks.
Meanwhile, Butler police and emergency crews Friday night responded to two suspected overdoses.
In each case, the victim was given the opioid overdose reversal drug naloxone — better known by its brand name Narcan — and regained consciousness.
A full report will appear in the Butler Eagle.