PENN TWP — A trailer caught fire around 10 p.m. Friday at 310 Mushrush Road, according to Penn Township fire personnel.
The man who owned the trailer lives in a home on the property and called firefighters. No one was injured.
There was no electricity connected to the trailer. Firefighters said that the cause of the blaze appears to be accidental. Fire personnel said the man was using a saw by the trailer, and it is likely that created sparks which caused the fire.
However, as of Friday night there was no official cause.
Firefighters used compressed-air foam and extinguished the fire within 10 minutes before spending the next few hours doing overhaul.
The trailer and its contents were destroyed. Firefighters did not have an estimate as to how much the contents and the trailer were worth.
Volunteer fire departments from Penn Township and South Butler responded to the fire. Penn Township police and Butler Ambulance Service also were on scene.