Marketplace   Menu Guide   Complete Pages      
butler eagle
Site last updated: Thursday, February 23, 2017 Bookmark our site!
Published: February 14, 2017 print this article Print save this article Save email this article Email ENLARGE TEXT increase font decrease font

Emergency crews called for 2 heroin overdoses



Emergency crews responded to a pair of suspected drug overdoses less than 2 hours apart Tuesday in Butler.
In both cases, the heroin and opioid antidote Narcan was used.
The first call came into county dispatchers at 4:51 p.m. at a home in the 500 block of Virginia Avenue where a 22-year-old man was reported to be unconscious and not breathing.
“He was completely unresponsive,” said Capt. Ted Codispot Butler Fire Department, which was called to the home along with Butler Ambulance Service and police.
The man was in a bedroom. Nearby, rescuers noticed two empty stamp bags of suspected heroin and syringes, authorities said.
Paramedics administered three doses of Narcan on the victim but apparently with no effect. He was taken by ambulance to Butler hospital. His condition was not known this morning.
Deputy Chief David Adam said no charges would be filed due to the state’s drug overdose immunity law.
Emergency crews were out again at 7:18 p.m., when a 911 call reported a 30-year-old man had overdosed on heroin. The caller was the man’s mother.
But before making the call, officials said, she gave her son a dose of Narcan. Crews found him in an upstairs bedroom.
“He was conscious and breathing,” Codispot said.
The man admitted using one stamp bag of heroin, authorities said. He also refused further treatment.

Controls go here




Back
Comments

MORE NEWS HEADLINES

MOST READ ARTICLES


MotorEazy
 


place an ad

subscribe