Marketplace   Menu Guide   Complete Pages      
butler eagle
Site last updated: Saturday, March 25, 2017 Bookmark our site!
Published: June 9, 2014 print this article Print save this article Save email this article Email ENLARGE TEXT increase font decrease font

Family escapes house fire this morning

BUFFALO TWP — A young family this morning escaped a fire that gutted their home in the 400 block of Sarver Road.
No one was injured in the blaze about 7 a.m. but that was because of Gabriel Pawlowski and his wife, Sarah.
“My wife woke up and screamed, ‘The house is on fire,’” Gabriel said.
He got up but realized there was no easy way out.
Flames had blocked the closest door outside. Gabriel improvised. He opened the kitchen window and jumped out. By then, he saw the fire was raging in the attached garage and was spreading to the one-story house.
He dashed shoeless to his bedroom window, where his wife handed out to him their two most prized possessions — 3-year-old daughter Izzi and 9 month-old son Elijah.
Sarah was last to jump out the window. Not long after, the flames had taken over the house and were through the roof.
“We feel lucky,” Gabriel said. “We’re safe and the community is helping in every way they can.”
Volunteer firefighters from at least six departments helped fight the fire.
Chief Matt Cypher of the Buffalo Township Volunteer Fire Department said it appeared a faulty extension cord may have started the fire in the garage. He said the extension cord was attached to a heat lamp that was being used to raise chickens.
The family has a chicken coop in back of the house.

Controls go here





place an ad