Marketplace   Menu Guide   Complete Pages      
butler eagle
Site last updated: Monday, November 24, 2014 Bookmark our site!
Local PennsylvaniaNationalInternationalNews Extras  
Published: June 9, 2014 print this article Print save this article Save email this article Email ENLARGE TEXT increase font decrease font

Family escapes house fire this morning



BUFFALO TWP — A young family this morning escaped a fire that gutted their home in the 400 block of Sarver Road.
No one was injured in the blaze about 7 a.m. but that was because of Gabriel Pawlowski and his wife, Sarah.
“My wife woke up and screamed, ‘The house is on fire,’” Gabriel said.
He got up but realized there was no easy way out.
Flames had blocked the closest door outside. Gabriel improvised. He opened the kitchen window and jumped out. By then, he saw the fire was raging in the attached garage and was spreading to the one-story house.
He dashed shoeless to his bedroom window, where his wife handed out to him their two most prized possessions — 3-year-old daughter Izzi and 9 month-old son Elijah.
Sarah was last to jump out the window. Not long after, the flames had taken over the house and were through the roof.
“We feel lucky,” Gabriel said. “We’re safe and the community is helping in every way they can.”
Volunteer firefighters from at least six departments helped fight the fire.
Chief Matt Cypher of the Buffalo Township Volunteer Fire Department said it appeared a faulty extension cord may have started the fire in the garage. He said the extension cord was attached to a heat lamp that was being used to raise chickens.
The family has a chicken coop in back of the house.





Back
Comments
Order Photos!
 
MORE NEWS HEADLINES
arrow Ferguson grand jury decision expected Monday evening
arrow Picture with a pro
arrow Firefighters quickly douse house fire
arrow HEADLINES
 
MOST READ ARTICLES
arrow City police investigate shooting with 13 shots fired
arrow Police investigate home robbery in Center Twp.
arrow Priorities in doubt
arrow POLICE REPORTS