Butler County's great daily newspaper

BREAKING NEWS

Seneca students briefly evacuated

May 13, 2014 News Extra

Advertisement | Advertise Here

JACKSON TWP — A kiln in the art department at Seneca Valley High School overheated this morning, causing the sprinkler system to go off that prompted a brief evacuation of students.

Director of communications Linda Andreassi for the school district said there was never a fire and that students were quickly back in the building and “continuing with their day.”

“Due to the activation of the sprinklers, the fire alarm was initiated and students were briefly evacuated before getting the all clear from the fire department,” she said.

Andreassi said “excessive heat” from the kiln caused the sprinkler system to turn on.

Share this article: