Marketplace   Menu Guide   Complete Pages      
butler eagle
Site last updated: Thursday, September 18, 2014 Bookmark our site!
Local PennsylvaniaNationalInternationalNews Extras  
Published: October 8, 2013 print this article Print save this article Save email this article Email ENLARGE TEXT increase font decrease font

Smoke causes evacuation of Westinghouse building



CRANBERRY TWP — More than 1,300 employees evacuated a building at Westinghouse Electric Co.’s headquarters Tuesday afternoon after a computer malfunction created smoke on the second floor.
Vaughn Gilbert, the director of communications for the company, said the incident affected only the second floor of Building One on the large campus, which has four buildings.
Those displaced employees only waited about 30 minutes before being let back inside about 2:30 p.m.
“There was only a minimal amount of smoke,” Gilbert said, adding that there wasn’t any damage. “But we decided to do the safe thing and get everyone out.”
Mark Nanna, the assistant administrator for the township’s fire company, said his crew did little at the business besides go in and check out the source of the smoke.
“And there wasn’t really much smoke,” he said.
Fire crews from Adams, Cranberry and Marshall townships responded to the call just before 2 p.m.





Back
Comments
Order Photos!
 
MORE NEWS HEADLINES
arrow Pens begin scheduling events for next year at new center
arrow Tomorrow's Headlines
arrow $83,000 donated Perfect playing benefits charity
arrow Wednesday night highlights
 
MOST READ ARTICLES
arrow Summit Twp man charged in child sex case
arrow Boy, 4, dies of injuries from ATV accident
arrow POLICE REPORTS
arrow 2 alleged drug dealers in Butler County Prison