Marketplace   Menu Guide   Complete Pages      
butler eagle
Site last updated: Thursday, October 30, 2014 Bookmark our site!
Local PennsylvaniaNationalInternationalNews Extras  
Published: October 3, 2013 print this article Print save this article Save email this article Email ENLARGE TEXT increase font decrease font

Farm equipment, hundreds of bales of hay destroyed in blaze



BUFFALO TWP — Several hundred bales of hay and farm equipment were destroyed late Thursday night when a large barn went up in flames.
Terry Macurdy, owner of the more than 120-year-old barn at 313 Monroe Road, believes lightning sparked the fire.
It apparently hit so close that a circuit breaker was tripped in the house, but electrical power was only lost for a second or two.
At 9 p.m., while sitting in his living room, Macurdy noticed flames coming from the two-story barn with a loft.
“The whole wall facing the house was on fire,” he said.
He managed to get into the back of the barn and remove two tractors before the fire took control of the entire structure.
“I lost a grain drill and corn picker,” he said, “and 400 bale of hay.”
He suspected the hay helped fuel the initial fire on the front side of the barn.





Back
Comments
Order Photos!
 
MORE NEWS HEADLINES
arrow Judge sides with Highmark on nixing UPMC coverage
arrow Police probe death
arrow Symphony musicians take their show on the road
arrow Former GC resident vies for U.S. House seat
 
MOST READ ARTICLES
arrow Parker man charged in fatal crash
arrow POLICE REPORTS
arrow County won’t help ballpark
arrow Portion of Route 288 will close for repairs