SLIPPERY ROCK TWP — Al Patricca was just about to tee off at the Shamrock Public Golf Course when he got the call from one of his sons that his garage was on fire.
Firefighters had the blaze at Patricca’s 146 Applewood Lane home out in about 10 minutes, and damage was contained to the far corner of the integral garage. About $10,000 worth of damage resulted to the structure and contents.
At the house Patricca’s two sons, 15-year-old Justin and 10-year-old Sam, and three dogs were not injured.
“Justin said he heard a loud bang in the garage. He opened the door to see what it was and saw a lot of dark smoke. He shut the door and called 9-1-1,” Patricca said. “I have no idea what would have been in that corner to start a fire. There was a table saw, but it wasn’t plugged in and there was no electricity there.”
Slippery Rock Volunteer Fire Company Chief Dave Taggart said the state police fire marshal will be asked to help determine the origin on the fire, which began around 9:42 a.m.