Marketplace   Menu Guide   Complete Pages      
butler eagle
Site last updated: Monday, March 30, 2015 Bookmark our site!
Local PennsylvaniaNationalInternationalNews Extras  
Published: March 6, 2013 print this article Print save this article Save email this article Email ENLARGE TEXT increase font decrease font

Faulty electrical wiring causes early morning blaze in city



Faulty electrical wiring was blamed for a fire in Butler early this morning that roused the homeowner from sleep and forced him to flee the house.
No one was injured, authorities said, but the fire caused about $5,000 in damage to the two-story home in the 100 block of Madison Avenue.
Shawn Beatty, who owns the house, was awakened by smoke about 3:30 a.m.
“He saw flames coming from the ceiling fan above the bed,” said Butler Fire Chief Nick Ban. The fan, Ban noted, was not on when it caught fire.
Beatty scrambled out of bed and grabbed a fire extinguisher.
“He hit the fan with the drug chemical extinguisher and called 911,” Ban said. Beatty later got out of the home.
Butler police and firefighters got there and found fire smoldering in the bedroom ceiling
Firefighters opened up the ceiling to access the blaze, which was quickly snuffed out.
Beatty returned to his house after firefighters left about 4 a.m.





Back
Comments
Order Photos!
 
MORE NEWS HEADLINES
arrow Fireworks fan can help produce PyroFest
arrow HEADLINES
arrow Meeting Peter Cottontail
arrow Man critically injured in fire
 
MOST READ ARTICLES
arrow Future of Karns City schools discussed
arrow Aldi to open store in Rt. 8 Bon Aire Plaza
arrow Fire hits mobile home this morning
arrow More development expected near Prime Outlets