Marketplace   Menu Guide   Complete Pages      
butler eagle
Site last updated: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 Bookmark our site!
Local PennsylvaniaNationalInternationalNews Extras  
Published: March 6, 2013 print this article Print save this article Save email this article Email ENLARGE TEXT increase font decrease font

Faulty electrical wiring causes early morning blaze in city



Faulty electrical wiring was blamed for a fire in Butler early this morning that roused the homeowner from sleep and forced him to flee the house.
No one was injured, authorities said, but the fire caused about $5,000 in damage to the two-story home in the 100 block of Madison Avenue.
Shawn Beatty, who owns the house, was awakened by smoke about 3:30 a.m.
“He saw flames coming from the ceiling fan above the bed,” said Butler Fire Chief Nick Ban. The fan, Ban noted, was not on when it caught fire.
Beatty scrambled out of bed and grabbed a fire extinguisher.
“He hit the fan with the drug chemical extinguisher and called 911,” Ban said. Beatty later got out of the home.
Butler police and firefighters got there and found fire smoldering in the bedroom ceiling
Firefighters opened up the ceiling to access the blaze, which was quickly snuffed out.
Beatty returned to his house after firefighters left about 4 a.m.





Back
Comments
Order Photos!
 
MORE NEWS HEADLINES
arrow Geneva College to lay off 3 faculty, cut spending
arrow No Horsin' Around
arrow Officers train to handle violent school intruders
arrow Work slows traffic
 
MOST READ ARTICLES
arrow Police: Fatal accident could have been caused by medical condition
arrow Coroner’s office investigates crash death of Cranberry Township woman
arrow Female driver dies in accident this morning in Jackson Township
arrow Female has medical emergency in courthouse