Marketplace   Menu Guide   Complete Pages      
butler eagle
Site last updated: Monday, March 30, 2015 Bookmark our site!
Local PennsylvaniaNationalInternationalNews Extras  
Published: February 4, 2013 print this article Print save this article Save email this article Email ENLARGE TEXT increase font decrease font

Fire causes minor damage to vacant house



MIDDLESEX TWP — A bathroom ceiling fan may have sparked a fire Monday evening that caused minor damage to a vacant home in the township, authorities said.
Two construction workers plastering in the ranch-style house on Park Drive reportedly heard a “popping” noise coming from the ceiling shortly before 7 p.m., said Chief Dave Metz of the Middlesex Township Volunteer Fire Company.
“They smelled something burning in one bathroom,” Metz said of the workers.
The house, which is about two-tenths of a mile north of Overbrook Road, is believed to be in foreclosure, officials said, and there was no one living there.
Firefighters pulled down the bathroom ceiling to get to the fire.
A damage estimate was not immediately available.
The township firefighters were assisted by firefighters from Penn Township in Butler County and Richland and West Deer townships in Allegheny County.





Back
Comments
Order Photos!
 
MORE NEWS HEADLINES
arrow Fireworks fan can help produce PyroFest
arrow HEADLINES
arrow Meeting Peter Cottontail
arrow Man critically injured in fire
 
MOST READ ARTICLES
arrow Future of Karns City schools discussed
arrow Aldi to open store in Rt. 8 Bon Aire Plaza
arrow Fire hits mobile home this morning
arrow More development expected near Prime Outlets