Marketplace   Menu Guide   Complete Pages      
butler eagle
Site last updated: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 Bookmark our site!
Local PennsylvaniaNationalInternationalNews Extras  
Published: January 31, 2013 print this article Print save this article Save email this article Email ENLARGE TEXT increase font decrease font

Mail carrier saves dog from blaze as mobile home is destroyed



EVANS CITY — A mail carrier this morning pulled a dog from a burning mobile home and resuscitated it before the home became completely engulfed in flames.
The home at 148 Pioneer Road caught fire shortly after 10 a.m.
The Pearce family, comprised of a husband, wife and two children, were not home at the time of the fire. One son, aged 10, was at school while a daughter, 3, was at a doctor’s appointment.
U.S. Postal Service employee Jo Amerson said she noticed smoke coming from the mobile home when she approached it to deliver mail.
Amerson said she and a neighbor broke several windows and eventually broke down a back door to the residence. That’s when she pulled the dog, a German Shepherd, from the home and revived it using CPR.
Robert Pearce stood outside and watched the trailer burn to the ground.
“The family is good,” he said. “Everything else can be replaced.”





Back
Comments
Order Photos!
 
MORE NEWS HEADLINES
arrow Dirt bike hits deer, boy hurt
arrow Zelienople might be featured on TV program
arrow County courts ordered to clear civil cases within 2 years
arrow Web promos for Tuesday
 
MOST READ ARTICLES
arrow Missing Renfrew girl has been found
arrow Car crashes through utility pole in city
arrow Pushing back
arrow Couple pledges $300,000 match for new library