Marketplace   Menu Guide   Complete Pages      
butler eagle
Site last updated: Monday, January 26, 2015 Bookmark our site!
Local PennsylvaniaNationalInternationalNews Extras  
Published: January 31, 2013 print this article Print save this article Save email this article Email ENLARGE TEXT increase font decrease font

Mail carrier saves dog from blaze as mobile home is destroyed



EVANS CITY — A mail carrier this morning pulled a dog from a burning mobile home and resuscitated it before the home became completely engulfed in flames.
The home at 148 Pioneer Road caught fire shortly after 10 a.m.
The Pearce family, comprised of a husband, wife and two children, were not home at the time of the fire. One son, aged 10, was at school while a daughter, 3, was at a doctor’s appointment.
U.S. Postal Service employee Jo Amerson said she noticed smoke coming from the mobile home when she approached it to deliver mail.
Amerson said she and a neighbor broke several windows and eventually broke down a back door to the residence. That’s when she pulled the dog, a German Shepherd, from the home and revived it using CPR.
Robert Pearce stood outside and watched the trailer burn to the ground.
“The family is good,” he said. “Everything else can be replaced.”





Back
Comments
Order Photos!
 
MORE NEWS HEADLINES
arrow Dog days of winter
arrow Cranberry parishes boost drive
arrow Cranberry touts technology
arrow Recently sold home destroyed
 
MOST READ ARTICLES
arrow Tailor owned Butler store for 65 years
arrow 2 crashes on Rt. 228 keep emergency crews busy
arrow Man sentenced for crime he can’t recall
arrow City may move desk officer out to patrol streets