• Market Day pick-up will be held from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the elementary school cafeteria. For more information, call 724-625-3161.
• The Holocaust Survivor Research Projects assembled by eighth-graders in Kim Morris’s language arts class at the middle school will be on display through Jan. 31 at Mars Public Library.
The display will be open to the public during library hours. Several students will present their projects at 7 p.m. Monday. For more information, call 724-625-3145.
• Physicals for 2013 spring sports will be given at 8 a.m. at the middle school. They will also be offered on Feb. 20. Cost is $15 per student. Checks may be made payable to “Dr. Ira Baumgartel.” All student-athletes interested in participating in sports must undergo one physical per year.
To play, students must also fill out appropriate PIAA forms and pay the $100 district participation fee. All forms are available on the district’s website.
For more information, call 724-625-9380
• An informational meeting for parents regarding the upcoming elementary school science fair will be held at 9 a.m. or 6 p.m. in the middle school LGI room. Items to be discussed include a fair topic, what makes an outstanding project, and the scientific method. The science fair will be held from 6 to 8:15 p.m. March 19 at the high school.
• The middle school will welcome Holocaust survivors Hans and Diana Lesheim as part of a special assembly at 1 p.m. The program will supplement an eighth grade language arts program on the Holocaust. For more information, call 724-625-3145.
• A Parent/Principal Communication Connection meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. in the library. All parents of high school students are encouraged to attend. For more information, call 724-625-1581.
• The Centennial School will welcome The Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium “Zoomobile” from 12:50 to 1:45 p.m. and from 2 to 2:55 p.m. The program, “Rain Forest Rhythms,” will be sponsored by the district’s food service provider, Nutrition Group
Further dates and times can be found at the district’s website, www.marsk12.org.