CRANBERRY TWP — The supervisors reappointed their chairman and vice chairman and gave a pay raise to the township manager at their reorganizational meeting Jan. 7.
Supervisors voted to approve a 2.9 percent salary increase for manager Jerry Andree by a 3-1 vote, with Supervisor Dave Root voted against the raise. Supervisor John Skorupan was absent.
Andree’s 2013 salary increases from $132,088 to $135,918.
Bruce Mazzoni was reappointed chairman and Mike Manipole vice chairman for the 2013 session.
For the second year in a row, Root said he would forgo the $4,000 yearly stipend he is scheduled to receive as a supervisor. This is the second year he decided not to take a salary and donate the money to a charity.
In other reorganizational meeting votes, the supervisors:
• Honored the recycling efforts of Haine Middle and Rowan Elementary schools for achieving significant improvements in the school’s recycling participation having recently participated in a “recycling bowl” with other schools in a nationwide initiative.
• Reappointed the firm of Campbell, Durrant, Beatty, Palombo and Miller as the township’s solicitor.
• Reappointed H.A. Berkheimer Associates to collect current and delinquent Local Services, and collector of current Mercantile and Business Privilege Taxes. Andree and his designee were reappointed to collect noncurrent mercantile and Business Privilege Tax.
• Reappointed the collection of Real Estate Transfer Tax to the Butler County Recorder of Deeds.
• Reappointed Michael J. Groves as sewage enforcement officer and Craig Baker, James Harvey, Ronald Andrasko and Jeffrey Winkle as alternative sewage enforcement officers.
• Designated the Butler Eagle for the township’s legal notices.
• Reappointed David Petrak and Sally Jack to building/fire codes board of appeals with terms to expire Dec. 31, 2015.
• Reappointed David Cantando to the library board with a term to expire Dec. 31, 2015.
• Reappointed Susan Rusnak and Sharon Beck to the planning advisory commission with terms to expire Dec. 31, 2016.
• Reappointed Ray Wetzel and Arthur Woods to the police council with terms to expire Dec. 31, 2015.
• Reappointed Frank Petrone to the vacancy board with term to expire Dec. 31, 2013.
• Reappointed Charles Hawkins to the zoning hearing board with term to expire Dec. 31, 2017.
• Appointed the firm of Maher Duessel to perform the township’s financial audits for 2013.
• Approved the continued use of PNC Bank, First National Bank and PLIGHT (Pennsylvania Local Government Investment Trust) as the township’s depositories.