Hundreds of Butler County residents are expected to join the 40th annual March for Life in Washington, D.C., on Jan. 25.
Butler marchers will join 200,000 marchers from across the nation at the rally.
U.S. Rep. Mike Kelly, R-3rd, of Butler is scheduled to be one of the speakers. After the march, the Butler delegation will visit the offices of Kelly and U.S. Sens. Pat Toomey and Bob Casey.
Other activities include a memorial service for Nellie Gray, founder of the March for Life in 1974, who died last year and a “Silent No More” gathering, where men and women share their personal testimonies of abortion pain and healing.
Buses to the march will be leaving from various locations in the county about 6 a.m. Buses will return to Butler between 11 p.m. and midnight.
Those wanting to ride one of the buses may contact any of these bus captains. Cost and exact departure times vary from bus to bus.
• Richard McLafferty, 724-282-1551, Butler
• Bill Slusser, 724-772-7962, Cranberry Township and Mars
• Gretchen Cararie, 724-898-2529, Middlesex Township
• John Healy, 724-544-4118, Zelienople
• Ray Ferguson, 724-282-4298, Meridian
• John Hinterlang, 724-352-9384, Herman
• Amy Buchwald, 724-353-9114, Cabot.