Natural gas leak repaired
December 24, 2012
CRANBERRY TWP — The Cranberry Township Volunteer Fire Company responded Tuesday afternoon to a natural gas leak in the area of the Mashuda Corp. offices on Route 19. Fire Chief Brian Kovac said the contractor installing traffic signals at the intersection of Route 19 and Ehrman Road about 12:20 p.m. accidentally hit a gas line while drilling holes to place the signal poles. “It was a big steel line, but it wasn’t a big leak,” said Kovac. Columbia Gas crews were there quickly, and dug up the line and made the repairs, he said. Although there was a heavy smell of natural gas in the area, there were no major problems.