If the print dialog box does not automatically appear, open the file menu and choose Print.
Article published November 28, 2012
Worker injured as he changed store sign
CONNOQUENESSING TWP — A Lehigh Gas Corp. worker was injured about 2:20 p.m. Wednesday as he worked on a sign at the B & E Mini Mart on Route 68. He was hurt when his head touched an electrical line while he was in high up in the arm of a bucket truck. The sign is about 20 feet above the ground. The employee of the Allentown-based firm had traveled to Western Pennsylvania with three to four crews to change gasoline station signs from Shell to Exxon at several businesses. Buck Weber of Franklin Park, who also is a Lehigh employee, said the man was already at work when he pulled in. “The lift was already above the roof (of the gas station),” he said. He opened the rear doors of his van and looked over at the man, he said, and, “I saw him just hanging over the bucket.” Weber then ran into the mini mart, where employees called 911. A customer who knew how to work the lift got the bucket to the ground. “We don’t know a lot,” said Lou Zimmerman, chief of the Connoquenessing Volunteer Fire Company that answered the call. “He was on the ground when we arrived, and we assisted in putting him into the ambulance. The injured man was taken by Butler Ambulance Service to Butler Memorial Hospital.