• The district will hold a Parent Math Night from 6 to 8 p.m. in the high school's LGI room. Parents of students in kindergarten through eighth grade will get an overview of new Common Core and Pennsylvania academic standards; the Algebra I Keystone Exam; and the district's new Pearson Envision Math Series. Breakout sessions will discuss specific curriculum changes in grades K-2, 3-5 and 6-8. All parents are encouraged to attend. For more information, call 724-625-1518, ext. 1503.
The high school student council's Treasures for Children program ends today. The program, held in partnership with Butler County Salvation Army, provides children and families in need with holiday gifts. Donations may be dropped off at the high school during school hours through the end of today. Monetary contributions will also be accepted. For more information, contact Dr. Tina Yankello or Tanis Rose, Student Council advisors, at 724-625-1581.
• Mars Band Boosters will host a River City Brass Band Holiday Concert at 2 p.m. in the high school auditorium. Doors open at 1 p.m. Ticket are $10-$30 for reserved seating. A limited number of tickets may be sold at the door for an additional $5.
All proceeds benefit the marching band. For tickets, call 412-402-9123 or visit www.marsband.com.
• The high school student council is holding its annual winter coat drive today through Friday, Jan. 4. The school is collecting new and gently used hats, gloves, boots and coats to be donated to students and families.
For more information, contact Tina Yankello or Tanis Rose, student council advisers, at 724-625-1581.
• The Elementary PTO will meet at 9:30 a.m. at the primary center. For more information, visit www.marspto.org.
• The Mars School Board will hold a regular meeting that will include reorganization of the board at 7 p.m at the district's administration office, 545 Route 228. All meetings are open to the public. For more information, call 724-625-1518.
Further dates and times can be found at the district's website, www.marsk12.org.