The traditional parade, which is hosted by the Business Association of the Zelienople-Harmony Chamber of Commerce, will march through the heart of Zelienople beginning at 11 a.m. Saturday.
Following the parade, Santa Claus will in his house at the intersection of Main Street (Route 19) and Grandview Avenue to listen to children's holiday wishes.
For the remainder of the holiday season, Santa will be in his house from Dec. 7 through Dec. 23.
Week day hours will be from 6 to 8 p.m., Saturday hours 1 to 4 p.m. and Sunday hours will be from 5 to 8 p.m.
Free parking will be available in Zelienople Saturday through Dec. 26 at the two municipal lots on Main Street and at all parking meters. Free parking does not apply to the Municipal Building parking lot on West New Castle Street.
• The Zelienople Historical Society will hold its 20th Annual Christmas Home Tour on Dec. 1.
Area homes, decorated for the holidays in a variety of styles, will be open for participants in this self-drive event.
For information and tickets, contact the Zelienople Historical Society at 724-452-9457.
• The Park United Presbyterian Church, at the corner of Main Street and Grandview Avenue, will present its annual Boar's Head Festival from 2 to 5 p.m. Dec. 8 and from 5 to 7 p.m. Dec. 9. This is an ancient and traditional service of Christmas music.
Tickets are required for each performance and can be reserved by calling Nancy Olinger at 724-452-8004.
There is no charge for the tickets, but donations will be accepted at the door.
• A Zelienople family has provided a series of animated Santa houses at the corner of Milton and Arthur streets. This series is similar to store-front windows that were popular in large department stores of Pittsburgh.
The scenes are lit nightly from 5 to 10 p.m. during the days leading up to Christmas.
• The Zelienople Public Library will hold an Edible House Contest. The library is accepting entries for the contest Monday through through Dec. 6. Patrons will vote on their favorite designs. Visit the library for a complete set of rules. For more information, call the library at 724-452-9330.
• The Zelienople Public Library will hold a “Polar Express” Night from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Dec. 6.
The event will include the reading of book “The Polar Express,” followed by a special visit from the Conductor and a very special guest, Santa Claus.
Article Photo Gallery »