WIXOM, Mich. — A 43-year-old man has been arrested in connection with dozens of shootings across four Michigan counties that mainly targeted moving cars and resulted in at least one injury, authorities announced Tuesday.
A police task force investigating the shootings said the suspect was taken into custody Monday night in Wixom, the Detroit suburb where the shootings began last month.
“The arrest was the result of information derived during the investigation over the past few days,” the task force said in a statement.
Additional information about the man wasn’t immediately released, pending review by prosecutors.
A tip — one of close to 3,000 that have come in — led authorities to the man’s home, Ingham County Sheriff Gene Wriggelsworth said.
The shootings began Oct. 16 and stretched from Oakland County west to Ingham County. The targets in the 24 reported incidents were mostly cars traveling on roads near Interstate 96. Only a handful of shootings actually occurred on the interstate.
Wriggelsworth declined to disclose what the suspect told investigators.