Butler Eagle employees evacuated the building at 514 W. Wayne St. Wednesday morning due to smoke in an upstairs hallway of the two-story building.
Employees left the building around 11 a.m. while three area fire departments investigated.
Employees did not return to the building until the incident cleared around noon.
The Butler Eagle apologizes for any inconvenience to customers who may have called during that hour.
According to Butler City Fire Chief Chris Switala, the smoke was caused by an electrical issue in the building.
“There was an issue with a transformer near the breakroom,” Switala said. “It overheated.”
The Butler Eagle had no additional impacts and returned to business as usual.