MARION TWP — No one was injured early Sunday morning when fire destroyed a house and garage in northern Butler County, authorities said.
A passing motorist called 911 about 2:15 a.m. after seeing the blaze on the 700 block of Eau Claire Road in Marion Township.
The house was in flames by the time the first crews arrived, said Chief Joe Fitzgerald of the Marion Township Volunteer Fire Company.
“The fire,” he said, “had already spread to the detached garage.”
Crews worked the perimeter to “surround and drown” the fire, while Harrisville volunteer firefighters assisted in pouring water on a large propane tank about 50 feet from the house, as a precaution.