Butler County's great daily newspaper

Fire damages Winfield Township home

June 17, 2018 News Extra

Fire crews from more than a half dozen departments are at the scene of a blaze that damaged a home on Christmas Lane in Winfield Township.

One of the homeowners, Paul Brosenitsch, was sleeping when the fire broke out about noon but he managed to get out.

A family member took him to ACMH Hospital in Armstrong County for treatment of possible smoke inhalation.

Brosenitsch was home alone, having worked a midnight shift earlier in the day.

The rest of the family, Brosenitsch's wife, Jacy, and their seven children, five of whom are adopted, was attending church.

The family's dog perished in the fire. A pet cat was missing.

The fire apparently started in the basement. A cause was not immediately known but it appeared to be accidental.

The home was insured.