Butler County's great daily newspaper

Fire forces residents to flee building

August 29, 2013 News Extra

BUTLER TWP — An electrical fire at the Park Manor Apartments early this morning forced residents to leave the building for a while.

Firefighters responded to a report about 1 a.m. of smoke coming from an electrical box on the west side of the senior complex on Park Manor.

They found flames about three feet high coming from the box, according to township police.

Residents of the complex had to be temporarily evacuated from their apartments because of the fire.

Butler Fire District 3 was in charge of the fire, while Mercer Road and South Butler fire departments assisted.

Township police and Butler EMS also responded.

Firefighters were on scene for about two hours.