Butler County's great daily newspaper


4 escape house fire in Butler this morning

January 21, 2013 News Extra

Advertisement | Advertise Here

Four people and three pets escaped into the frigid cold this morning after a fire broke out at a three-story home in the 200 block of West Diamond Street.

No one was injured in the fire that possibly started in a second-floor bedroom.

Butler firefighters and police were called at 9:10 a.m. but no information was immediately available.

Scott Weston, who was staying at the home owned by his aunt, Donna Fehl, noticed smoke coming from her bedroom and immediately alerted everyone inside to get out.

In the house was Weston’s fiance, Mary Lortie, as well as Josh Magill and Jerry Parker. Fehl was at work at the time of the fire.

The occupants made it out safely and gathered up two dogs and a cat that were in the house.

Share this article: